When receiving your international orders for the QuickVu™ Wireless Backup Camera, we have been extra careful to review a few points with you to make sure you understand what you are ordering. We recognize that international shipping charges are high, and we want to make sure that you have high confidence that the QuickVu™ system will meet your needs.
We thought it might be a good idea to post these points here. This is information all of our customers would like to know.
- Battery life is about one year in normal use (4 uses of 30 seconds each per day) in moderate temperatures.
- We recommend 2 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. We do not include lithium batteries for international shipping.
- When replacing batteries, make sure the O-ring seal is well seated. Application of a small amount of silicon grease may help maintain the water seal. Do not over-tighten screws as this may warp or crack the back cover.
- The system is designed to start when power is applied from the auxiliary power outlet (cigarette lighter receptacle). Assuming the outlet is switched with your ignition, the system will start when the vehicle is started.
- The system can also be started by pressing the ‘A’ button at later times.
- The system stays on for 30 seconds (adjustable to 15, 30, 45, or 60 seconds), and then shuts off automatically.
- The QuickVu™ system may experience interference from Bluetooth systems.
- The QuickVu™ system may experience interference from other sources, especially if there is not a good path for the signal from the back of the vehicle to the receiver. QuickVu works well with most cars, SUVs, and small pickup trucks, but each vehicle and environment is different. The location and orientation of the receiver have significant influence on the quality of video signal reception.
- The QuickVu™ camera is designed for U.S. license plates. The mounting holes are 7 inches apart (center-to-center).
- The QuickVu™ camera is 3/8″ thick where the mounting screws are inserted. You may need longer screws than come with your vehicle.
- We accept returns within 30 days for a refund of the purchase price, not including shipping costs.
- We offer a one-year warranty, but we require you to pay return shipping charges.
Of course, if you have more questions, we will be happy to answer them.