A family car has to have a few specific things. It has to be spacious, safe, and reliable. It also has to adjust to family needs, and it has to be affordable too. Those aren’t easy shoes to fill, but a lot of car manufacturers these days are focusing on making more family cars.
Now, families have more options than ever before, and the family car no longer looks like a station wagon or minivan (although it could). Sedans, SUVs, and other options can fit a family of any size — here are some of the best family cars manufactured in 2014 according to ratings by the infamous Kelley Blue Book.
- The Chevrolet Impala: Not only is the Impala big, it’s also a fast car that will get you from A to Z quickly. The Impala has also gained a high safety rating, which is really important when you’re carrying precious cargo!
- Ford Flex: The Flex is a cross between a SUV and a wagon, in some ways, and it’s also stylish and on the sporty side. The Flex fits five, four comfortably, and it also gained a high safety rating.
- Honda Odyssey: If you are looking for a minivan, the Honda Odyssey is the way to go. This van has all the style that you need, and it also has some pretty cool built in features like a navigation system and rearview backup camera system.
- Subaru Forester: Subarus have long been known for their reliability, and great ability to function well in harsh winter conditions. The Forester is a favorite with families, since it’s large enough to fit both kids, and to places some bikes of a kayak on top.
- Nissan Altima: The Altima is one of the few sedans to make the Kelley list. Why did it make the list? The Altima is a lot roomier than it appears, and it also has most features any family would want – standard. The Altima is also an affordable car, and it can easily transition from family car to business car, if you’re looking for something that’s more understated than a minivan.
- Nissan Pathfinder: If you’re looking for a SUV that’s “large and in charge” it’s hard to beat the Pathfinder. This giant car can hold your entire family, and it has plenty of room for any kind of cargo you may want to carry with you. So, you can easily put the kids, grandma, and the dog in this car and go anywhere your heart desires.
Making Your Current Car Family Safe
If you don’t want to buy a new family car right now, you can still make the car you currently own safer by installing a backup camera. Backup cameras make it easier to park your car, not run into anything when you are trying to park, and will be instrumental in making it simpler for your kids to drive when they become teenagers!
There are various other ways to make your current car safe too, like making sure that you perform regular vehicle inspections, checking tires regularly, and taking the time to keep air in the tires. Simple steps can make any car safer, and that’s a really important thing to do when it comes to your family.
If you are considering adding a backup camera to your current car, call us today to purchase the best camera available. We will make sure that your camera fits your car, and we also offer the best prices on backup cameras. Call us today, or come into our store to see what we have for you.